SPECIAL NOTES TO ADVISORS AND STUDENTS:
It is most important to discuss your plans and review your audit or transcript with your advisor BEFORE you enroll at another college. Be aware of the following:
1. Credit for the same course cannot count twice toward the degree. Given this, be sure that you are not repeating courses already completed here or elsewhere.
2. Remember that some Albany courses are cross-listed; that is, they may have different departmental prefixes, but are the identical course. Again, only one of them can count toward a degree.
3. There are a maximum number of credits that can be taken at other universities and transferred back to Albany. These limits are determined by residence requirements and/or the type of institution you wish to attend.
The maximum number of credits transferable is
You may need to request a
waiver(s) of one or more of the residence requirements
in order to transfer credit to your degree here. Such approval is a pre-condition to being granted a leave for approved study or permission to complete your degree in absentia.
4. Coursework pursued elsewhere under a different credit system will be converted to semester hours. Plan carefully if you will attend a college that uses other than a semester hour system.
5. GRADES DO NOT TRANSFER, ONLY CREDIT TRANSFERS TO YOUR RECORD HERE.
When a course equivalent is verified, it means that it is transferable ASSUMING THE ABOVE CONDITIONS ARE MET. This is the responsibility of both student and advisor.